Perhaps you are finding a hard time squeezing in networking and community involvement in your already busy schedule? LaAmistad Young Professionals allows you the flexibility to get involved through many avenues with as little or as much time you are able to give.
LaAmistad Young Professionals Group (LYP) is a group of young philanthropic professionals which aims to raise both awareness and support for LaAmistad programs and events. LYP organizes socials, small events, and outreach efforts to share LaAmistad’s mission with the Atlanta Community.
To empower Latino and first-generation students and families across the United States to thrive in their educational, personal, and career pursuits and dreams.
LaAmistad Young Professionals Group welcomes recent college graduates to young professionals who have been involved in the workforce and community from 1-12 years. All professional areas and persons are welcome as our needs are a wide variety.
There are many ways to get involved and give back!
- Fundraise: Join an event committee of one of our major events or fundraisers throughout the year.
- Volunteer: Share your talents and become a mentor or volunteer with LaAmistad students.
- Raise Awareness: Create and execute small awareness events that will drive other young professionals to support LaAmistad.
- Sponsor: Gain Sponsorships through your contacts in the Atlanta community.
- Socialize: Participate in Happy Hour Fundraisers, Fashion Shows, Art Gallery Events, Wine Tastings, Restaurant Nights, etc.
- Support: Use your strengths and skills to support the Hispanic community in Atlanta.
As a LaAmistad Young Professionals member, you will receive the following benefits:
*Application fee is $25 annually. (Terms begin in December and July.)
- E-newsletters containing event updates & opportunities exclusive to LYP members
- Invitations to LaAmistad benefit events and socials
- Special Thank-You from a LaAmistad Board member
- Opportunity to network and build strong connections to other LYP members and donors of LaAmistad
- Opportunity to grow as a leader within the LYP organization and Atlanta community
- Opportunity to tour LaAmistad After School with Executive Director
- 2 complementary tickets to "Peachtree's Got Talent"
All questions & inquiries: Contact Angharad Chester-Jones at